Friday, July 11, 2008

Not so much...

...do I like those stupid comment verification things.

Ever since I removed my own comment verification system, including the obnoxious letter typing verification as well as the "this comment will be posted after blogger approval" verification, when I see it on other blogs it just ticks me off.

By "it ticks me off" I mean "I want to throw something at the computer."

Not only does it waste my precious time, it also is a pain. Sometimes you don't get the letters and numbers right, and so it asks you to do it again. And again. And FREAKIN AGAIN.

Just take it down. You aren't important enough for spammers, people. And really, you're just making me not want to go to your blog anymore.

Note to Self: MJ getting angry.... angry... you not like MJ when she angry! RAARRR!!

11 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Hmm... It occured to me the other day that mine was set up for all of this, which I was considering changing. Which I just did. So your rant worked for one blogger, at least. ;)

Y of F said...

hooray change!!!

Girlie, Sending mucho hugs !

Matt said...

I'm with you on this.

Maybe we can spread the word.

MJ said...

JQ - Hooray!! If my blog made the difference in one other blogger's...erm...life, then I have done my duty. Glad I could convince you to come to the dark side.

SM - (((HUGS))) right back.

Matt - Okay. I'll bring my gun for shooting, you bring the blunt objects for smashing. That should get the point across.

Anonymous said...

Yes! Yes-Yes-Yes! I hate the damn letters that are difficult to read. Some of them are easy enough, but others--is that an "i" or an "l"? Is that an "m" or "nn"? Drives me batshit.

Anonymous said...

Co-sign...

Hulk SSSSSSMMMMMMMMMMMAAASSSHHH!!!

pure evyl said...

I hate word verification but I can see why some use it. It still is a pain in the ass though.

MJ said...

K - Exactly! Glad you see it my way.

Livin - I knew you would as you were the one who inspired me to remove mine.

Evyl - Sure, I can see why some use it, but normally the ones who do don't need it.

Danielle said...

It took me a while to realize that I still had it on... I hadn't commented on my own page! But as soon as I realized that it was there, I went and fiddled around until I got rid of it - those things drive me crazy!

MJ said...

Danielle - Indeed. Anything to help a fellow blogger.

Anonymous said...

What can I say? I am very insipirational. :)