Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Monday, can't trust that day...

You know, I usually hate Mondays with a passion. But this Monday's awfulness pales in comparison to the total crap known as this past weekend. We are moving, which is really no big deal. But 15 years of stuff in a house can be a daunting moving challenge for anyone. I got together my boyfriend and his roommate and a close friend and her husband and we moved EVERYTHING. We threw it all onto a U-Haul and took it to storage. After this week, I will be officially "homeless" until the new place is finally finished. I'm sad to leave this place since I have been there so long, but I feel like it's a step forward in my life. I feel like it will press me forward into (finally) something new. I have been stressed, almost depressed, lately. It has really taken a toll on mine and Doug's relationship. I know he understands how strained I am right now - I mean, I barely ever get more than 5 hours of sleep - but I think it's still really hard for him.

Today, I'm just trying to count all my blessings. That I have a job and a loving boyfriend who I got to eat lunch with today. That I still have a roof over my head, even if it doesn't have much under it right now. That I'm capable of writing this.

Note to Self:
Life is hard, and there are days worse than others, but it's the little things that make it worth it. Like good conversation over Subway sandwiches. And hugs.

No comments: