Tuesday, September 11, 2007

10 minutes...

So, I think that I am late to work every single day. By ten minutes. And it's not so easy that I could just get up ten minutes earlier, leave the house ten minutes earlier, etc. Even when I leave earlier, something stops me - I have to get gas, traffic is ridiculous, I get blocked in by the garbage man. It's always SOMETHING. So I just sleep the extra ten minutes. I'm tired today - not that it's anything new, but I am. I'm ready to be out of this funk. Some days I daydream about just leaving this place and never coming back. I wonder how many people would miss me or look for me. Maybe I could head back toward the west, where I grew up. I do miss that place a lot.

Work is tough. And not because I have a lot to do, but because I'm bored. I don't have enough challenging things to do. I feel like I'm wasting my creative talents on event planning and random purchase order processing. My degree is in MARKETING. I want to do MARKETING. Then again, I guess it will look good on my resume, and it allows me time to go to night classes to finish my MBA. The money is okay too. At least it lets me save enough to pay off my tuition for next semester - or pay for an apartment for a year - it's sad those are the same amounts.

Time just always eludes me. As humans, we are always wishing we had more time. More time to spend with family. More time to relax. More time to goof off. Just more time to do things we want to do. Even if God gave me one more hour in the day, I would still want one more. Especially since I would probably spend that one extra hour sleeping - like I do when daylight savings gives me an extra hour.

Oh well, back to work.

Note to Self: No amount of wishing will make there be more time in the day. Life goes by pretty fast - at the rate of 60 minutes/hour in fact.

No comments: