Thursday, September 13, 2007

Exhaustion...

I'm so tired this morning, I can barely keep my eyes open at my desk. I have my daily routine: I come in in the morning (usually a few minutes late), I check all my email accounts (Panaprint, gmail, and lately Yahoo and AOL), and I write few e-mails myself. Then I check Colby's blog to make sure I haven't missed any news. I check a few more random things, and by the time I'm done it's at least 8:40. Ah, the day is already 40 minutes shorter. Writing this blog note helps cut off about another 10 minutes or so. . .

This morning feels different. My mother and I are finally moving out of my childhood home. After my parent's divorce, that house became my sanctuary. I have lived there for over 15 years now, and I'm sad to leave - but also excited because of what it means for my life. It's hard to be the only 22 year-old I know living in my mom's house, but it has just become a necessary fact of life for me. I always tell myself I can't help it - I don't have the money, I'm too busy, I'm still in school (graduate!), and I'm working my butt off. It's hard though when I so badly want a life of my own.

Things have been so hectic lately: moving the house, going to school, working all day, my brother and sister-in-law having a baby, my boyfriend getting into the police academy. It is all taking a toll on my nerves, body, and sanity. I don't think I have ever been such an emotional wreck in my life! But even my sweetheart says, "It'll be okay - we'll get through this," etc., etc. Some days it just seems really hard to believe.

Note to self: Don't worry so much about the little rocks life throws at you. Worry more about the boulder life is dropping on your head.

No comments: