Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Disney Binge

It has been a hard week. Several police shootings and line of duty deaths, shortly after which the piggy got called out on his first middle-of-the-night SWAT call, immediately throwing me into an anxiety attack at 1:30 in the morning. This was swiftly followed by Panther's sympathetic yacking on the floor, which distracted me enough to calm down. After cleaning up dog food-laiden vomit, I stayed awake for all but a few hours and then went to work. As luck would have it, I had the following two days off - one of which I spent nursing an over-exhausted piggy. The second day, I spent on the couch. Watching Disney movies. (Thank you, Netflix!)

Sure, all the saccharine sweetness of Disney movies is the same across the board - magic, love, cool animal sidekicks - but there is nothing like a good princess movie and some leftover mac and cheese to chase away the blues of an otherwise horrible week. Besides, I could use a little sweeping off my feet right about now. Or at least some wine and a nap.
So while my prince charming is off fighting dragons, I'll be here on the couch.

Note to Self: And maybe I'll have some ice cream. And pie. Lots of pie.

No comments: