Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dusting It Off

*cough cough*
[waves away the proverbial dust]

I have been thinking about this blog for quite a few weeks. I have thought about reviving it several times over the past couple years. I even tried a few times with no success. I haven't had a lot of time on my hands. Or maybe it's just the order of my priorities that are different. I'm not sure.

I got a new job, but not before signing a contract for a year and a half of gym membership that was conveniently located to my previous job. Which is now about thirty minutes of extra driving time after work. The aforementioned job that I quit was the same job that had me move from my hometown, leaving behind a home that we could not sell. Still waiting on Bank of America to foreclose on that sucker. This new job... not super awesome. Better pay and more stable, but not as fun or fulfilling. And I had to leave behind the few people I considered friends that I got to see on a daily basis. Now I see them maybe twice a month for lunch or gym time.

This has been the story of my life for the past year. One depressing fact after another. It's hard to see the shining future from here. I know it's there, but MAN the tunnel is dark between here and there.

SO. I turn to something new. A new way of thinking. A new philosophy. Whatever you want to call it. It basically says: I'm going to do what I want, when I want, if I can. If it makes me happy, I will run wildly - arms flailing in the air - toward it, embracing it with all my strength and hanging onto it like I might die without it. At this point, I have to. I just have to.

So here I am. Dusting off my blog for the umpteenth time. Maybe I will be back for real. Maybe not. But my priorities are in a different line now. So I will find out if this makes me happy. If it does, I will be here more often. If not, then assume I am out doing something even more amazing.

That's all.

Note to Self: "Happiness depends upon ourselves." - Aristotle

No comments: