Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fight for my love! Part 3

Man! You guys are really on top of things!

Okay, so I have been checking the numbers out, and I have a feeling the decision is going to be really hard in the end.


Some of you have really jumped up in the rankings in just the past day - mostly from your shameless promotion of my site for simple competitive reasons - but there are still a few things you need to make sure you keep in mind:

Your new/unique visitor number may be really high, but your return visitors may be really/obnoxiously low. That's not good.

OR,


Your new/unique visitor number may be really high, and your return visitors may be high, but your bounce rate is really high too. Meaning people are just clicking to click, and they're not really staying around. Must be nice to have blind followers, eh? That's not good either.


So, I will be giving extra credit to those of you who have someone come and comment on one of my posts - "[Insert blog name here] sent me. [Insert praise of my blog here]." For example, "Clickd ovr from LOtD. Yur blog make me LOLz!!!!11!"


Get it?


Okay, let's recap:
Mindless zombie=bad; Potential readers=good!

Don't know what competition I'm talking about? See the past two posts on the competition to find out the rules and rewards. And join in on the craziness!

Note to Self:
I am thinking about potential ideas for the name of this award. I have one in my head, but what do you guys think it should be? "The Zombie Clicker" award? "The Best Blog EVER" award? "The U Make Me LoLzz!!11!" award? I dunno.

10 comments:

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

I just made a comment about the dude in the yellow hat (in the pic) and then I realized...

they are all zombies.

color me stupid.

MJ said...

matt - LOL, dang. I read it, but I was going to make a smart quip about it.

Something about free gas.. I don't remember now.

What color would stupid be exactly?

Anonymous said...

Clickd ovr from Livininsanity. Yur blog make me LOLz!!!!11! :P

MJ said...

*snort* : p

Matt said...

If stupid was a color it would be fuschia...

positively.

MJ said...

Matt - Ah, yes. The color of embarrassment.

colbymarshall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
colbymarshall said...

Hm...I'm crying foul. These commentings/time page viewing/return visitings were not stated in the original contest rules. If they had been, I'd have clarified all this with my minions before I set them out.

PS: first comment deleted to correct typo

pure evyl said...

It's good to know that you are not trying to horn in on the zombie readership. My lurkers are 75% zombies and I'd hate to lose them.

BTW, perhaps you would like to enter my freak of the week contest. Not only might you gain readers. The winner is awarded an ode to last a lifetime.