Monday, July 7, 2008

Fight for my love! Part 2

Okay, so now that the contest is underway, I want to make sure everyone knows the terms of the deal:

The contest ends on July 14th at 8AM EST, when I will check Google Analytics for your referral counts.

There are many numbers that will be taken into consideration to make sure the contest is fair. I want to make sure that the numbers I'm getting aren't just from one person click-click-clicking away. I will be looking at unique visitors, return visitors, bounce rates, and pages per visit.


As stated in
the previous post, the winner gets a few neat things for their hard work. You will receive a special award in the picture format of your choice with your website's name on it for posting on your front page. You will also get a special bump space on my sidebar highly praising you for your efforts and sheer awesomeness.

It's a crazy-close race.

All I will tell you is that the list isn't the same from yesterday. Only one person is in the same spot as before, there is a new blog on the list (which means someone was knocked off), and there is a new #1 for today (sorry,
Livin, that means you were knocked down in the rankings). But that is just looking at sheer numbers right now. I won't take into account all of the qualitative data until the final tally.

I created the award today, and if I feel generous I may post what it looks like before the contest ends. But for now - it's for me to know and you to find out.
If this is something people actually get excited about, I may do a monthly thing.

Note to Self: In all seriousness, I do want to thank all the cool websites out there who refer traffic to me - including Police Wives Online, who is actually the largest contributer to my site traffic in sheer numbers. Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo.

MJ said...

Whaaaaa! :p

Matt said...

Hmmm...

my one fault is that I'm uber competitive...

That picture is mine. I can taste it.

j.k.

colbymarshall said...

it has been quite the problem that I'm getting ready to move and haven't been able to devote a lot of time to this "problem." I shall see what I can do, though

Y of F said...

PWO ! PWO ! PWO !

MJ said...

CM - You better jump on it girl! You know I'd love to give you the award, but you gotta win it fair and square. : )

Sarah - :D