Sunday, July 27, 2008

Faith

I was just thinking after I wrote my last post that I don't tend to write about my faith much on this blog.

Don't get me wrong, my faith plays a big part in my life. I find myself praying a lot more now that my boyfriend is a cop. I also have extensive prayers lists that cover everything from my grades in graduate school to all the requests from the girls at PWO.

I don't go to church every Sunday, and I don't read the Bible all the time, and I'm certainly not the best person in the world... But I try my best, I try to volunteer my time, I've accepted Christ, and I'm a firm believer that God works in my life as well as in the lives of those I touch.

I have serious problems with "Bible thumpers" - people who preach all day long about what God says we should be doing. Well, that's all good for you to judge if you happen to be perfect yourself. But I know you're not, and that is what drives people away from the Christian faith.

I feel like if I at least attribute the good things that have happened in my life to who they really belong to - God - people around me may realize that God does do good things.

I really am blessed. I have too many blessings to count.

No comments: