Monday, June 9, 2008

You have lived far too long...

ABC News (the Australian Broadcasting Corp. - I know, confusing...) has a web section devoted to teaching children all about the environment and how their lifestyle affects it.

It includes a fun little quiz that tells you at what age you should die to not hog up more than your share of resources. Let me repeat that. The quiz tells children when they should die, so that they won't be greedy resource-hoarding planet killers.

Apparently, I should die at the ripe old age of 24.3. So I have a good year and a half left before I risk planetary peril.

I have a feeling my friend Colby will enjoy this child-threatening quiz.

Note to Self: I especially like the charming exploding animation at the end. Perfect for the kids.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness.
I should have died before my 13th birthday. And I don't even buy excess shoes! (I hope you know I was kidding with you, MJ. I would dearly LOVE to be fashionable. I'm just missing the fashionista gene. damn.)

That quiz--What a horrid thing to put out there aimed at kids. That's way creepy. Especially the ending!

Anonymous said...

This can't really be for kids with the car questions and whatnot. I should die at age 77, apparently.

MJ said...

K - Yeah, probably if they added in all the pollution I "consume" from buying shoes they would have me die at a younger age too.

Livin - 77, eh? You must be super enviro-friendly! *bowing to your superiority*

colbymarshall said...

Oh, crap...I really should have died a decade ago. Oh, well...now that I've passed it I might as well keep on wasting planet.

Anonymous said...

I should have died, well... shortly after I was born. I guess the fact that I am still alive and 'using up' the planet would really piss off the green scene.

My bad...

MJ said...

CM - I plan to live as long as possible, simply to use up way more than my share of resources.

Betme - Don't worry. The green scene is primarily made up of dirty hippies. Threaten them with a bath if they come knockin' on your door.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised my number was that high.

MJ said...

Livin - I was wondering how you answered the questions. Did your piggy still blow up at the end? lol

Anonymous said...

I took the quiz and it said I should have been dead in first grade.

I didnt understand the money questions, so I just put in my whole salary, as I tend to spend it all on bills and food.