Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Slow news day.

Politics aside, there is nothing of particular interest for me to blog about today.

So, I'm going to list the things I have on my desk at work (other than my computer). Let me know if anything particularly "moves" you.

(1) A pile of papers to be sorted.
(2) An in/out-box. In-box empty, out-box full.
(3) A crystal candy dish bf's grandparents gave me for Christmas. Two peppermints left.
(4) A framed picture of Panther as a wee pup.
(5) A framed picture of me and bf from when I graduated college. Honor cords and all.
(6) Two wooden fish that serve as bookends for the following books:
Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office (read it - pretty good)
Find It, Get It, Keep It, Grow It! (never read - boss gave it to me)
The Children of Hurin (read it - depressed me)
The Goal (read parts - not bad)
The Marketing Gurus (read it - helpful)
Good to Great (didn't finish - too boring)
(7) Normal office equipment: printer, label machine, electric stapler, tape.
(8) A pile of purchase orders to be filed.
(9) A large desk calendar.
(10) A rather abstract [ugly] pencil cup I made during ceramics and felt the need to salvage.
(11) Some other random crap that I haven't bothered to put away from our last event.
(12) A print cartridge that still needs to be returned to Dell.
(13) Stuff that belongs to other people, but that they so lovingly leave on my desk.
(14) My Sprite can left from lunch today.

Did I mention I have a rather large, glass-topped, cherry desk? Well, I do. No cubicle either. So there.

Note to Self: Go ahead, dear readers, mock the citizens of my glorious desk kingdom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exhilirating post. I don't know how I'll contain myself. :)

MJ said...

I know, I almost peed my pants writing it!

Y of F said...

mj, welcome to the world of workers who dont do much, but get the best desk in town :)

oh! And tell your sprite i say Wassup!, my coke can misses him.