Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Worthless Junk

Ok. I have seen so many ads for worthless junk on television, that I always have to wonder who buys the stuff. I mean, they wouldn't advertise it if they didn't think some sucker would buy it right?

So I was thinking about that this morning, when I saw a commercial that was reminiscent of a total throwback from my elementary school days...

The Topsy Tail
Oh yeah, you remember it. Every cool girl that wore jelly sandals and a scrunchie on her wrist had a Topsy Tail.

It brought us these awesomely ridiculous hairdos...

I mean, a normal pony tail would not cut it - NO! It had to be a topsy tail. It had to be a style that would take all the effort your mother had in order to pull all your damned hair through a stupid oversized needle-threader, while practically ripping your locks out at the roots.

Note to Self: Do you remember anything like this from way-back-when?

6 comments:

Helen said...

Yea, my Bedazzler. I loved that thing and bejeweled clothing within an inch of its life all the time. Doll clothes, too.

Anonymous said...

HA, that's hilarious. I remember my Mom always trying to fashion half-sisters shirt into one of those side shirt things. Like, what were those?! Ugh..

Sornie said...

If you like Topsy Tail, you'll LOVE the hair thing that lifts your hair up. Watch enough cable TV and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

I never owned a topsy-tail, but I DID try to create some of those 'dos on my girls when they were younger. I'm sure they are glad those days are over! :-)

CityChic said...

This brings back all kinds of memories. I also bedazzeled my jean jacket and used one of the plastic t-shirt holder things! I didn't own a Topsy Tail, but I did style my hair like most of those shots! Looking back at my pictures you can tell I was a product of the 80s. Thanks for the flashback!

Meadowlark said...

Everything I owned was bedazzled. I should shoot myself.

What's even sadder - BabyGirl is now wearing 80s stuff. I keep telling her it was ugly then, it's ugly now, but she's not buying it!