Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Budget and Economy

If you didn't read my Presidential Post, SHAME ON YOU. Go read it, then come back. Go ahead, I'll wait....

Okay, I'm going to break these down in to single topics each day so that they will be a little easier to digest.

Today's topic is the national budget and the economy.

John McCain: McCain has stated that he believes some large company bailouts may be necessary for the government to perform in order to control the fluctuations of the economy. He believes in helping homeowners keep their homes, but that bailouts should not be made to save speculators. McCain voted "YES" on a bill for a $40 billion reduction in overall federal spending.

Sarah Palin: Palin is a free-market capitalist, which means that she believes less government control in the economy is better. She also wants to reduce government spending.

Barack Obama: Obama wants to reform mortgage rules to avoid foreclosure and bankruptcy. He also wants more accountability for subprime loans. He rejects the idea of a free-market economy, which means he believes that the government should have more of a hand in regulating and protecting the economy. Obama voted "NO" on a bill for a $40 billion reduction in overall federal spending.

Joe Biden: Biden voted "YES" on the 1998 GOP federal budget. He voted "NO" on a bill for a $40 billion reduction in overall federal spending. He wants to end the war and get rid of the Bush tax cuts in order to save money.

Note to Self: I am a free-market capitalist. I believe people get themselves into their own debt and mortgage problems. I believe lowered federal spending, including spending on misappropriated social services, will lower the national debt.

Find more at
OnTheIssues.org.
My grade for each -
McCain: A-
Palin: B+
Obama: C+
Biden: F

3 comments:

Y of F said...

um. yeah! go team!

colbymarshall said...

I don't really have a comment yet, but I'm commenting to let you know I don't have a comment. Is that thoughtful? I'm not sure. Heehee.

MJ said...

SM - LOL

CM - I guess that is kind of thoughtful. It lets me know that you did read it :D